The Ezy-FLASH Pro offers Live data display, high-speed data logging, performance metrics as well as trouble code reading and clearing.
We offer Performance Tune Sets to suit both standard and modified vehicles. The Ezy-FLASH Pro comes pre-installed with a Tune Set setup for the specific vehicle make, model, transmission type and aftermarket modifications, the car can be remapped straight out of the box. Plus the original tune is stored in the Ezy-FLASH Pro so the car can be returned to standard at any time.
A typical Tune Set includes the following tunes:
- Stock / Base – Standard Subaru tune
- Anti-theft – This is a security tune that will not allow your engine to start. This is a great option to use when parking your vehicle long term. Reflash to any other tune using your Ezy-FLASH unit to get your vehicle to start and run again.
- Valet – This is a limited, reduced power tune which will usually have either a 50% throttle limit or 3,500rpm rev limit as well as a 115km/hr speed limiter. This is handy for instances where you are leaving your vehicle in someone else’s hands. They’ll be able to operate your vehicle in valet mode, without being able to give it any stick.
- 95 Octane performance – Performance tune setup for use with 95RON fuel.
- 98 Octane low boost performance – Lower boost performance tune normally set at the factory boost level or slightly higher and suitable for use with 98RON fuel.
- 98 Octane high boost performance – Peak performance tune setup at an optimal boost level for your vehicle’s level of modification and suitable for use with 98RON fuel.
As seen on Mighty Car Mods
As we are reflashing the factory engine management system, we have the opportunity to alter many parameters through the EFI system and tailor them at individual rev, load, throttle position and boost variables including…
- Fuel – enriching or leaning out the mixtures where appropriate.
- Ignition timing – typically the timing can be advanced for more performance with the use of a higher octane fuel, but may also be retarded as required.
- Boost – commanded through the factory boost solenoid. Unlike an aftermarket electronic boost controller the ChipTorque tune can command radically different boost pressures at different Engine RPM or throttle angles, even reduced boost pressure in higher revs to preserve the turbo by preventing unnecessary boost levels up to the red line.
- Carefully adjusting the AVCS (Active Valve Control System), also known as Variable Valve Control, to improve engine torque and turbo response.
- Throttle Control – Like the Si-Drive functions, the throttle control operation can be changed to increase power and torque (if it was limited) or, to decrease power and torque in our special ChipTorque “Valet Tune”.
- Rev limit – is increased where appropriate.
- Custom Adjustments for changes in MAF or intake design, other turbochargers or larger injectors.
- Turn off fault codes relating to high flow catalytic converter upgrades (P0420).
- Turn off fault codes relating to secondary air pump (P1418, P1410, P0410, P0413, P0414, P0418, P2432, P2433, P2440, P2441, P2444).
- Remove JDM factory speed limiter.
The Ezy-FLASH Pro comes pre-installed with a single licence, this licence is applied to the first vehicle the Ezy-FLASH Pro is locked to. For Subaru’s, there are 3 ECU styles supported by Ezy-FLASH Pro.
- Throttle Cable Control – WRX/STi MY01-05
- Drive By Wire – WRX/STi/FXT/LGT MY04-07
- CAN – WRX/STi/FXT/LGT MY08-16
The year model overlaps are a guide only, since this varies between sales regions.
Note: Before the Ezy-FLASH Pro can be used on vehicles with a different ECU style, a new ECU License must be purchased and installed by ChipTorque.